Johnson County Kansas Court Services

Mediation for separated or divorced parents uses an impartial third party who assists parents in making decisions regarding their children.

  • To initiate mediation services, it requires a Court Order from a judge or hearing officer.
  • There will be a fee assessed by the judge in your case for these services.  The fee must be paid in person to the District Court Trustee by cash, money order, or credit/debit cards only. District Court Trustee is located at 588 E. Santa Fe, Suite 3000, Olathe, KS 66061.
  • Issues we discuss include: legal custody, parenting time, schedules, and successful co-parenting.
  • Issues we do not discuss include: child support, property division, and financial issues.
  • All discussion in the mediation process (except child abuse issues) are strictly confidential.
  • Mediators do not make decisions or recommendations - they facilitate communication.
  • We will have individual meetings with each parent before seeing the couple together. There are no limits on the number of joint mediation sessions.
  • Children, step-parents, and attorneys can be included in the process after the first joint mediation session and with the agreement of both parents along with the mediator.
  • If verbal agreements can be reached, a written document can be prepared which can be made into a binding Court Order.
  • If no verbal agreements can be reached, the mediator will notify the court.
  • After the current mediation process is over, the parents can return to mediation in the future without a new order if mutually agreed to by both parents.

Our office hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.  For other questions or further information on Domestic Mediation, call 913-715-7400.

Phone: (913) 715-7400
Linea en Espanol (913) 715-7519
Fax: (913) 715-7420
Johnson County Court Services
588 E. Santa Fe. Suite 4000
Olathe, Kansas  66061
Contact Us
ADA Information