Johnson County Kansas Court Services
Juvenile Community Service

Juveniles who are granted diversion or placed on probation by the District Court will be required to complete community service work as a condition of their diversion or probation. The exact number of hours will be determined by the current offense and the juvenile’s prior record.

Juveniles shall seek out their own non-profit organization, and request permission to complete the assigned hours. Court Services Officers (CSOs) can offer suggestions. Juveniles will be required to provide proof of the completed hours to the CSO in the form of a letter from the individual who supervised the community service work. This correspondence from the supervising party must be submitted on the agency's letterhead. The following are examples of acceptable non-profit organizations.

  • Churches
  • Schools
  • Community Centers
  • YMCA
  • Youth Court

If you have questions regarding the completion of community service work hours, please contact your supervising officer, or the Court Services Juvenile Division at 913-715-7435.

Phone: (913) 715-7400
Linea en Espanol (913) 715-7519
Fax: (913) 715-7420
Johnson County Court Services
588 E. Santa Fe. Suite 4000
Olathe, Kansas  66061
Contact Us
ADA Information