Johnson County Kansas Court Services

Conciliation for separated or divorced parents uses an impartial third party who assists parents in making decisions regarding their children.

  • To initiate conciliation services, it requires a Court Order from a judge or hearing officer.
  • All fee payments shall be paid to the Clerk of the District Court located at 100 North Kansas Avenue, Olathe, Kansas in the form of cash (exact change), debit/credit card, money order, or cashier’s check.

    Please include your case number and your name on the payment. To make your payment by phone call 1-888-877-0450 or to make on-line payments go to

    Upon payment, the Clerk’s office shall issue a receipt to the payor and enter the payment into the JIMS court file.

  • Issues we discuss include: legal custody, parenting time, schedules, and successful co-parenting.
  • Issues we do not discuss include: child support, property division, and financial issues.
  • This process is non-confidential. Therefore, conciliators are able to report to the Court.
  • Conciliators do not make decisions or recommendations - they facilitate communication and provide information to the Court.
  • We will have individual meetings with each parent before seeing the couple together. There are no limits on the number of joint conciliation sessions. However, orders are only valid for a two year period.
  • Children, step-parents, and attorneys can be included in the process after the first joint mediation session and with the agreement of both parents along with the conciliator.
  • If verbal agreements can be reached, a written document can be prepared which can be made into a binding Court Order. If no agreements are reached, an outline of the issues left unresolved will be provided to the Court.
  • If no verbal agreements can be reached, the mediator will notify the court.
  • After the current conciliation process is over, the parents can return to conciliation in the future without a new order if mutually agreed to by both parents for three years.
Our office hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. For other questions or further information on Domestic Conciliation, call 913-715-7400.
Phone: (913) 715-7400
Linea en Espanol (913) 715-7519
Fax: (913) 715-7420
Johnson County Court Services
588 E. Santa Fe. Suite 4000
Olathe, Kansas  66061
Contact Us
ADA Information