Johnson County Kansas Court Services
Juvenile Court Cost/Restitution

At the time of sentencing, the Court may order the respondent to pay certain fees associated with their case. The Court may require the respondent to pay the fees immediately, or pursuant to a payment plan. The following is a list of fees that may be assessed:

  • Court Costs
  • Attorney Fees (if court appointed)
  • Fines
  • Probation Supervision Fee
  • Restitution
  • Crossroads Fee
  • Witness Fees

Restitution is ordered by the Court to reimburse the victim(s) in a case for any loses they incurred as a result of the crime. The Court may order the restitution at the time of sentencing, or the issue of restitution may be left open for a predetermined amount of days.  A Restitution Order for the Court’s review will be prepared. If the respondent objects to the amount of restitution owed, they may contact their attorney to request a restitution hearing before the judge. The Restitution Order will consist of the following:

  • The name of the victim
  • The total amount of restitution owed to the victim
  • The shared amount of restitution owed by the respondent (only in cases with a co-respondent)
  • A monthly payment plan
  • The victim’s right to pursue civil litigation
  • The respondent’s right to a hearing.
Phone: (913) 715-7400
Linea en Espanol (913) 715-7519
Fax: (913) 715-7420
Johnson County Court Services
588 E. Santa Fe. Suite 4000
Olathe, Kansas  66061
Contact Us
ADA Information