Next Previous JUVENILE RULE - NO. 14 Next Next

Motions Requesting Waiver To Adult Status

Juvenile offender cases in which the District Attorney has filed a Motion Requesting Waiver to Adult Status shall be assigned to the District Judge assigned to hear juvenile offender cases.

In the event that the juvenile stipulates to the Motion Requesting Waiver, and if all parties agree, the parties may ask the judge to retain the adult case for plea and sentencing. The stipulation to the juvenile case and plea in the adult case will usually occur on the same date. The court may appoint the same attorney for the adult case if the juvenile is indigent. The Board of Indigents' Defense Services will pay the attorney for the sentencing hearing.

The attorney appointed in these cases must comply with the Regulations of the Board of Indigents' Defense Services regarding eligibility to serve.